These days, everyone can benefit from learning basic digital skills, which can help us all to stay safe, participate in and contribute to the digital world.
At Digital 121 we know how hard it can be to take that first digital step, especially if you:
- have never used digital technology before;
- feel overwhelmed by updates, changes and fast moving technology;
- are frightened by threats of cyber crime.
If you have yet to take the plunge into the digital world you are not alone.
11.3 million people (21%) lack the full basic digital skills
4.3 million (8%) have no basic digital skills at all
5.4 million working adults (10%) are without basic digital skills
people with a registered disability are 4 times as likely to be offline
28% of those aged 60+ are offline
(You can read more about the UK Government’s Essential Digital Skills Framework here.)
How we can help
At Digital 121 we aim to help everyone in whichever way they need support. We know that individuals learn very differently and therefore we approach each learning session with specific, tailored and personal goals.
Examples of how we can help are:
- setting up broadband access
- safety online
- communication (texting, sending e-mails, video calling etc);
- shopping online;
- requesting and giving information (eg prescriptions, appointments, returning documents, library renewals, online job applications etc);
- understanding electronic health devices;
- understanding and accessing Electronic Health records (Such as Dorset Care Records)
We are always happy to have an initial conversation with you, free of charge, to discuss your requirements. You can contact us here for further information.